Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I survived the Great Storm of Perth

It all started on a Monday evening. I did my laundry at noon and had left my clothes to dry on the laundry lines. I had this lecture at 4pm and before I head for class, I thought the sky appeared slightly overcast. I thought to myself that since I'll be back in an hour, it might not rain yet. Even if there was rain, it would just be a drizzle. Little did I know we were hit by one of the worst storm in Perth.
Walking back home from school, drenched in heavy rain was indeed miserable. I feared of getting struck by lightning. With all my clothes still out in the open, I went to collect and had them washed again. I should have collected them before I went for class but no use crying over spilled milk now.
After all the drama on my side, I watched the news and some parts of Perth were hit by the hailstorm. Some had to be evacuated from their homes while others had to clear water that had been flushed into their houses. Cities were blacked out too.
Perth wakes up to a $100m restoration cost today! However, I thank God for the sun and glad that people wasn't hurt from this storm. I pray those people stranded in the convention centre for the night can return to their homes today. As for the damages caused by the hailstorm, it may take a while to be restored back to normal.

The rainbow after the storm

No comments:

Post a Comment