Monday, February 8, 2010

A time for everything

I didn't fall immediately to sleep yesterday night even though I was really tired and my eyes were heavy. I thought about my colleagues, my patients and my two and a half years in the paediatric ICU. I've learnt so much there. There were the valuable nursing skills to the medical knowledge. But one thing I've gained the most is to know that life is precious and at the same time, precarious. I've learnt to appreciate the people I love even more. I'd seen countless children afflicted with pain and suffering. Some passed on while some lived on to tell the story. I often marvelled at their tenancity and courage toward life. It makes me want to "run the race and fight the good fight."
It was sad to leave this place and the people whom I had laughed, cried and worked with. There were some children whom I've haven't seen them got well. There were some people whom I have not asked for their forgiveness. There were also some people whom I have not told them that they have a special place in my heart. But there's a time for everthing and and a time for every matter under heaven. There's a time to search and give up, a time to keep and throw away. I may never be back here again but all the memories and lessons I'll always bring them with me wherever I go.
While clearing my locker after work, I peeled down this little card I pasted way back on my first day of work.



This will be my prayer still for as long as I'm a nurse.

No comments:

Post a Comment